A recently published meta study in “International Journal of Epidemiology” involving 2 m people, concluded that a daily intake of up to 800 grams of fruit and vegetable was associated with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer and all-cause mortality.
These results support public health recommendations to increase fruit and vegetable intake to 800 grams on average per day.
800 grams!, – that’s a lot,- and much more than most of us eat daily. To be honest I have never been close to this amount of vegetables,- that is before I started using a blender.
The soluble fiber smoothie is an easy tool to boost your vegetable intake, – and much more. The smoothie that I have been making daily for the past 18 months, contains 1200 grams of fruit and vegetable. My wife and I both receive 4-500 grams of fruit and vegetables from drinking 600 ml. daily (our kids also drink a bit).
In my video I demonstrate how its easy to make the smoothie in less than 5 minutes .
The smoothie contains :
- 200 g. Spinach, – Neutral taste and high content of soluble fibers. (3,5g/100g)
- 200 g Pointed cabbage, – relatively neutral taste and high content of soluble fibers.(2g/100g)
- 150 g Strawberries, – Taste and high content of soluble fibers(2g/100g)
- 150 g. Carrots, – Relatively high content of soluble fibers.(2g/100g)
- 30 g Ginger, – Taste and high content of soluble fibers.(2,5g/100g)
- 200 g Peas, -Neutral taste and high content of soluble fibers.(3,5g/100g)
- 1 Apple, -Taste and high content of soluble fibers.(2g/100g)
- 1 Orange -, Taste and high content of soluble fibers.(2g/100g)
- 5-600 ml of water, to blend.
We drink 300 ml. in the morning at breakfast and 300 ml. during the day as snack.
The smoothie is designed to be equally healthy and tasty, while at the same time easy to make. If it isn’t all 3 things it will not be easy to keep it up as a daily routine. This recipe works for me and the routine of making it and consuming it is almost like brewing and drinking morning coffee.
It needs to be simple and tasty, because it helps me keep the microbiata changed to contain 50% prevotella, and therefor it has to be kept going at a steady interval,- for the rest of my life.
The reason why it is worth the bother is that the smoothie regulates appetite and basically makes it easy not to put on weight and also if needed to stick to a diet. It also makes it possible not to regain weight after the diet is successfully completed.
The prevotella and the smoothie achieves this by boosting your production of GLP-1 and PYY hormones that reduce appetite, and suppress others that increase appetite. More about this later..